zondag 13 januari 2013

Setting goals

Yesterday a long ride on Tom Boonen, Fabian Cancellara and many others their "heimat" on the 31st of March 2013: Tour of Flanders.
Although I suffer a lot in cold temperatures, the sunny gloss on the skin was welcome!

It still takes some time till the first Granfondo, but the goals are set: Transalp, GF Charly Gaul and Otztaler will be the main dish abroad. In Belgium, I'm looking forward to GF Eddy Merckx, just like a lot of amateur cycling events (Davitamon Classic, Tour of Flanders for tourists, LBL,...). This is Belgium and I like it!!
Coming week, I also know if a new challenge for me, GF Selle Italia, is one of the opportunities.

Today a new snow area reached Belgium. Time to think about other goals before GF season starts: three years ago I left ATB marathon competition to "go for the road". My love and passion stays in the mountains as amateur cycling rider. But now the feeling is right, to make some plans for a "before-season" trip on my brand new Wilier 101 XN 29' ATB.


No doubt about this: the most important thing about a goal, is having one!