maandag 29 oktober 2012

Take care of your body on Monday,your body will take care of you on Sunday

Not a good start for me, if you take in account the title. After a week of illness with a litte flu agression, I forced  myself to take part of the 10 K in Nazareth. I made the inscription already three weeks ago, and it was for the good purpose! So I went...
After the granfondo season, I put on my running shoes during September and October. Just to do something else. Mostly 10 K, but two weeks ago I, once, did 21 K ... just for fun ;-)

Saturday, I was the aid of somebody who passed by to put a new floor into our living room. I suffered more the day after than the day after an Ötztaler Radmarathon. Pff...! The doubts of running for a good time were already gone when I kept in mind my still present illness. And on top of that, the pain in my quadriceps from the physical labour. More than one excuse ;-)

At the beginning of the race, it was not fun: you could not run full throttle with a bunch of slow running people in front of you. Between kilometre 2-3, I went fast to move more in front. Afterwards, not so smart because I suffered a lot at the end! OK, it was just for fun and I enjoyed the run, but still in the back of my mind a goal.
At last, I finished as 45th on 496 participants in 40m44s. When I take in account the lost of 10-20 seconds at the start (but I think everybody did loose some time), my goal of running in a time of 40 minutes was achievable.
Maybe I will try another 10K. Just to see how fast I can run when I'm not ill and did not have to place a new floor, haha!
Just to know and to achieve a goal in winter times...

Results: http://www.omegapharmahalvemarathon.be/easycms/uitslagen

Geen opmerkingen: