zondag 9 juni 2013

3 Ballons 2013

After a rainy and cold GF Eddy Merckx, with cold hands and disappointing result two weeks ago, 3 Ballons was the second test on my way to Tour Transalp...and further in the season GF Charly Gaul and Ötztaler Radmarathon.
A few days before D-Day I catched up some kind of cold, possibly due to airconditioning.  A minor bronchitis with a lot of coughing was the result. Again, I started with doubts after the bad memory of GF Eddy Merckx.
But weather conditions were extremely good: 13 degrees at the start at 7.15 and 27-28 degrees on le Grand Ballon.
On the second climb, I was a little bit difficult because of the 20% steep parts but I could hold my position in the first group till Hundsrück. Like the past two years, I had to let go on that climb. It's like a "black beast" to me. Every year I come to 3 Ballons for a payback time with Hundsrück. Maybe in 2014?

The climb to the top of le Grand Ballon (16km) was so hot and it was waiting to refresh with a couple of bottles to regain strenght. Finally I sprinted to the 33th place.
http://www.sportcommunication.info/LIVE/resultat_live.php?parcours=22
Not what I expected and what I had in mind. 23th of June is another D-Day: another two weeks to grow to the Transalp shape.