maandag 29 juli 2013

La Leggendaria Charly Gaul trofeo Wilier

Two weeks after the Tour Transalp adventure, I was riding towards Trento for the UWCT qualification race. There we did meet our Wilier friends in the hotel and looked forward to “La leggendaria Charly Gaul trofeo Wilier”.First some pictures and an interview with “Wilier Ways” guide Riccardo, who had Edith on his side that day.


Bastianella Bastianblade Trentuno
 

The first climb was short after the start and ended in Palu di Giovo. Straight back to Trento with a group of approximately 75 persons. Back in Trento, I was not good positioned and had to turn in on the short track, to avoid a crash. I thought I would not see the head of the race again, but together with two other guys, we finalized the gap just before the first climb of Monte Bondone (Viote).

Michel Snel took a little advantage without knowing it, and six other riders closed the gap, including me. So we were seven in front on Monte Bondone: by speeding up, I felt I could not find a good rhythm and this feeling went on…I could not follow the chasing groups and ended the climb around positioning 60. Towards Vezzano, Lon, Terlago, the legs were getting better and better. But after 4 hours, this was far too late! The second climb of Monte Bondone (Vason) went much better and I finally cached up almost all riders in the group in front of our group of 15. Place 26: not what I expected, but positive that I made progress during the race ;-)

http://www.sdam.it/events/event/results_25897.do

On Monday, we were planning to ride to Sölden (AUT) to have a holiday, but some Wilier employees convinced us to come to Monte Grappa and visiting the Wilier factory in Rossano Veneto. We had a nice ride with Giorgio, a friend at home over there.

In the evening, our ride to Sölden completed and based in “Castello Falkner”, to enjoy our holiday and made some rides on the Otztaler Radmarathon track.