maandag 26 augustus 2013

Ötztaler 2013 washed away

August 25, 5 am ... the end of my 2013 Ötztaler dream. Rain and a mental crash: I didn't sleep 15 minutes that night, due to the weather forecast. Every hour, checking if the rain was already stopped or not. I could not catch sleep, even if it would give the same result if I had slept the hole night and looked at the weather when awakening.

Bad weather experiences in GF Eddy Merckx and Transalp made this "dream" ending in a nightmare and dissapointment: "dream washed away"!
2013 seems to me like a year with "capital" 13...it feels that way, luckily without injuries till now. A couple of weeks till the last granfondo and mentally preparing for 2014.
Looking back at the past years, made me realize that I have to go back to my former preparations 2011-2012 and emphasize toward certain points. Briefly: back to the "Spartan" regime.

2014 starts today and later on with a internship together with Omega-Pharma/Quick Step in Spain. At least one thing I've won this year in an uphill timetrial.